I’m in Maine helping get out the vote for Question #1 to allow same-sex couples to marry. People ask me why a straight guy from CT would drive 4 hours to ME and spend days canvassing neighborhoods and making calls for a cause that doesn’t affect me. There’s no simple answer other than that I can. And because none of us is free when any of us is not. Because none of us has dignity when any of us is denied it. Because we’re all stuck here on this rock together. Because ingroup and tribal mentality is beneath a thinking species. Because my job went to some guys in India 7 months ago and I have free days. Because I thought a trip would be fun. Because I see how happy my same-sex married friends are in CT where their marriage is recognized. Because I detest the various forms of ignorance behind homophobia. Because I find lesbians intriguing and nonthreatening. Because I am proud that I have overcome small town prejudice against gay guys. Because I had an elderly aunt who could not marry the love of her life and died before CT made it possible. People shouldn’t have to suffer waiting for others to, as Samuel L. Jackson so eloquently says, “wake the fuck up!” People shouldn’t have to suffer waiting for the future to arrive.
- @TheNorthernPass - Short term jobs to permanently scar the land. Hmmm 1 year ago
- @Evolutionistrue 1 year ago
- What’s a Thinking Social Primate to do? marlowupriver.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/wha… 1 year ago
- Evolutionist Through and Through marlowupriver.wordpress.com/2015/06/14/evo… 2 years ago
- RT @newcivilrights: 'Disfigured': Pope Francis Wages Attack On Same-Sex Marriage thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/_d… #lgbt #gay #p2 #topprog http://t.co… 2 years ago
Search This Site:
Looking for Kurtz...